Lunes, Setyembre 10, 2012

TOXICOLOGY

Definition of Terms:

TOXICOLOGY

is a branch of biologychemistry, and medicine concerned with the study of the adverse effects of chemicals on living organisms. It is the study of symptoms, mechanisms, treatments and detection of poisoning, especially the poisoning of people.


INTRODUCTION

This chapter of my blog will introduce abuse drugs and will correlate them with other interesting topics. Interesting topics and others will be presented in a bit. For now, I would like to give emphasis that all information in this blog came from internet report and used to make the topic more interesting. thanks! :) 





DID YOU KNOW THAT?

( famous celebrities and their addictions)




1


"I still smoke a lot of pot when I write music."


LADY GAGA


POT is the street name for MARIJUANA, it is a green, brown or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stem, seed and flower of hemp plant called Cannabis Sativa. It is usually smoked as cigarettes rolled, hand made or in a pipe. The active component of this drug is 9-THC ( 9- tetrahydrocarbinol). It is less expensive of all drugs next to alcohol. Long term effects of long usage of this drugs are bronchitis, emphysema, brochial asthma and other lung diseases.

OTHER THAN LADY GAGA is....

"I don't consider pot a drug, It's a plant. It comes from the earth. George Washington smoked pot."


PINK





2


"I tried to mask my problems with alcohol, cocaine and mind-altering substances. I ran myself down and lost track of who I was."


LINDSAY LOHAN

Cocaine is called the rich man's drug. Active component of this is Benzoylmethylecgonine. It is derived from a plant leaves of Erythroxylum coca. It is a CNS stimulant, can be used as a powder, liquid or crystal form. All body's membrane can adsorb this drug. Today, cocaine has medical uses like local anesthetic and treatment for epistaxis (nose bleeding) but if abuse the effects are chest pain, paranoia, hallucinations, panic and many more.


OTHER THAN LADY GAGA is....


"My mind seemed to have a huge neon sign in it that blinked nonstop: COKE. GET COKE. So I did. It was great for dieting, partying and picking up my mood."



DREW BARRYMORE






3


"I hate heroin because I’ve been fascinated by it. I’m not immune, but I won’t do it now, at all."



ANGELINA JOLIE

Heroine, is synthesized form of morphine, derivative of Opium poppy. It is converted to morphine in the body. Long term effects of long abuse of heroin are physical and mental dependency, malnutrition, coma and liver diseases. 


OTHER THAN LADY GAGA is....



"I ended up on a shrink’s couch, and he told me to write down how much I did in a week: 20 E’s, 4 grams of coke, six of speed, half an ounce of hash, three bottles of Jack Daniel’s, 12 bottles of red wine, 60 pints."


COLIN FARRELL




4

"You name it, I took it. Cocaine, ecstasy, even heroin - although I never injected... I had a job so I looked like I was holding everything together. But then the cracks started to show."


DAVINA MCCALL


Ecstacy of MDMA ( 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine ), MDMA can induce euphoria, a sense of intimacy with others, and diminished anxiety. Many studies, particularly in the fields of psychology andcognitive therapy, have suggested that MDMA has therapeutic benefits and facilitates therapy sessions in certain individuals, a practice for which it had formally been used in the past.






Before ending my blog here is another interesting issue....

who among us don't know this big guy?



Hulk is played by Edward Norton in the movie "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" . Edward Norton was said to used anabolic steroids to give him a big and firm muscles. 

BEFORE:



Anabolic steroids are drugs that mimic the effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone in the body. They increase protein synthesis within cells, which results in the buildup of cellular tissue (anabolism), especially in muscles. Anabolic steroids also have androgenic and virilizing properties, including the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics such as the growth of the vocal cords, testicles, and body hair (secondary sexual characteristics).

AFTER:



But the speculation where never confirmed to be true. Whether he uses it or not he still played the hulk good.



END! :)

thank you for reading.






References:
  • wikipedia.com
  • cracked.com
  • listal.com
  • Clinical chemistry by Calbreth




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento